Nation shouldn’t jump to conclusion

It’s been almost a year and a half since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, and it still seems people are wary around other cultures.

This was shown during the weekend after the space shuttle Columbia exploded. The first question out of many mouths was, “Was it a terrorist?” These people should ask more questions: Why was that their first response? Was it because there was an Israeli aboard the shuttle?

Everyone needs to examine themself to make sure that residual feelings of hatred aren’t present in their mind. Every time tragedy strikes, the first thing that comes to people’s minds shouldn’t be that terrorism or someone who supports it caused the event.

When those thoughts occur, it means that person is still living in doubt and fear. Every accident can’t be blamed on people of another culture. Since Sept. 11, it seems every plane crash and every threat is immediately searched for a terrorist cause. This should not continue, because as long as it does, it means people aren’t moving on.

Before the Sept. 11 attacks, terrorism never would have been looked at as the first cause for everything. While it is true that there is more of a threat now than before, people need to stop thinking with that mindset and jumping to conclusions. Instead, they should search to find the true cause, and then deal with the real reason it happens.