Cudjoe earns C-USA award

Senior forward Jason Cudjoe was named Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week Monday for scoring two goals in two matches at the Duke/Adidas Classic.

Cudjoe scored the winner against N.C. State Friday, giving the Bulls a 2-1 victory in double overtime, and shot in the equalizer versus Duke Saturday in USF?s 2-1 overtime win. Cudjoe was named the Most Valuable Player of the tournament, which was won by USF.

The C-USA award was the second won by the Bulls in as many weeks. Goalkeeper Troy Perkins won the Defensive Player of the Week award last week.

Softball team holds tryouts

The USF softball team will hold tryouts today and Wednesday at the USF Softball Complex beginning at 3 p.m. Interested persons may contact coach Ken Eriksen at 813-974-4111 or visit the USF Softball Office located in the Sun Dome near Entry 1.

Chia earns world record

Two-time Olympic swimmer Nei-Kuan Chia, a USF student, is listed as a Masters World Record holder in the 50-meter butterfly. Chia is credited with the 50-meter record in the 20 – to 24-year old age group with a time of 25.44 seconds.

Competing for his native Taiwan, Chia competed in the 1996 and 2000 Olympics, finishing 32nd in 1996 and 16th in 2000 in the 100-meter butterfly.

Join The Bulls Stampede

The Sarasota/Manatee campus of USF will hold its first-ever pep rally, dubbed ?Join the Bulls Stampede,? today at 5 p.m.

The rally will showcase the USF fall sports teams and will include appearances from the USF Herd of Thunder Marching Band and cheerleaders. Keynote speakers are Athletics Director Lee Roy Selmon and men?s basketball coach Seth Greenberg.

Two scholarships each worth $250 will be given away at the rally, which will follow a similar rally on the Tampa campus beginning at 11 a.m. in the Marshall Center.

Staff Report