Feel Good From The Inside Out

By NAPS (North American Precis Syndicate)
on June 28, 2019

A recently discovered supernutrient can help combat the effects of aging. (NAPS)

(NAPSI)—The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that more than 15 percent of all Americans are over 65 years old. If you’re among them, or hope to be someday, here’s news that could be good for you.

Healthy aging starts with your cells. One way to keep cells healthy is to give them what they need to function properly—from the inside out. And one of the most important ways of doing that is with a co-enzyme called nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD).

Scientists say all human cells naturally produce and use NAD to maintain healthy mitochondrial function—an important component of healthy human aging. Over time, however, the body’s supply of NAD starts to decrease.

Recently, a scientific breakthrough by Dr. Charles Brenner, at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, isolated nicotinamide riboside (NR), a supernutrient thought to be key to boosting NAD.

In the early 2000s, a Dartmouth College research team discovered NR was not only an effective way to increase NAD, but to improve health in general.

The team, led by Dr. Brenner, found that NR could increase NAD in mice and that those mice experienced many health benefits such as improved blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels, reduced nerve damage and resistance to weight gain. Dr. Brenner found that when NR gets to work in the cell, it helps form NAD and gives sirtuins—the cellular repair−promoting proteins—a “pep talk,” to work overtime so cells stay strong.

Studies are under way on the positive effects of NAD levels on other age-related health problems including fatty liver disease, weight gain, insulin levels and brain function. To live your best life, it would seem, you should think cellular.

To learn more, visit www.aboutnad.com.

clicktotweet “Scientists say, to live your best life, think cellular with help from a supernutrient that boosts the body’s supply of an anti-aging molecule called nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) that can combat the effects of aging from the inside out. http://bit.ly/2NmCXBs

On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)