Celebrate Farmers And Food For Life

By NAPS (North American Precis Syndicate)
on February 28, 2019

American farmers, who feed the world, are celebrated on National Ag Day. (NAPS)

(NAPSI)—“Agriculture is the most healthful, most useful and most noble employment of man.”—George Washington

Since the founding of America nearly 250 years ago, agriculture continues to drive the country forward, helping nourish and clothe millions of people here and around the globe.

According to the Agriculture Council of America (ACA), it’s important that consumers understand where their food comes from and how farmers are using the latest technologies and agricultural innovations to make it all possible. In fact, history has always shown that the vitality and well-being of future generations hinges on the ingenuity and productivity of a country’s agricultural industry.

Then and Now

When President Washington spoke about America’s farmers, the U.S. population was around 2.5 million and nearly everyone was tied to the land for survival. In 2019, fewer than 2.2 million farmers and ranchers help feed a constantly growing U.S. population nearing 330 million and a global population of 7.6 billion.

Amazingly, according to American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture statistics, one U.S. farmer today produces enough to feed 165 people—106 Americans and 59 people outside the country. Perhaps more important, Americans spend just 10 percent of their disposable income on food, much less compared to those in all other developed countries.

These statistics demonstrate the incredible responsibility and commitment that farmers, ranchers and agribusinesses share in meeting the ever-growing and -changing food and fiber demands of consumers.

Celebrate America’s Growers

Each year, National Ag Day recognizes the hard work and innovation of U.S. farmers, ranchers and agribusinesses in providing an abundance of nutritious, affordable, life-sustaining food.

Learn More

To find out further facts about National Ag Day on March 14, visit www.agday.org. There, you can also discover how America’s agricultural producers proudly lead the way in providing the essential Food for Life to the world.

clicktotweet“ One U.S. farmer today produces enough to feed 165 people, according to the Agriculture Council of America. Celebrate on National Ag Day, March 14, 2019. http://bit.ly/2TkoJmo

On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)