Kids Go Bananas For A Cool Way To Eat More Fruit

By NAPS (North American Precis Syndicate)
on June 21, 2018

Families are enthusing over a DIY "nice cream" maker with a nutritious twist. (NAPS)

(NAPSI)—Many parents are encouraging their kids to play with their food; that is, to enjoy creating their own treats with a kid-friendly appliance that can turn just about any frozen food into a swirl of “nice cream.”

How It Works

You can use frozen fruit alone; no water or milk is necessary. Or you can get creative and make a s’mores Yonanas with frozen bananas, graham crackers and frozen chocolate. So many recipes to enjoy! Just put the food down the chute, hit a button and watch it all slide out the other side. With s’mores, you’ll want to add the marshmallows at the end.

Mix bright and colorful fruits for a unicorn swirl, add favorite mix-ins and flavors such as chocolate, cookie crumbles, mints, granola or syrup, and then pour on the sprinkles.

It’s a great way for kids of all ages to spend quality time together creating and enjoying! And while your family is having fun turning out these delicious treats, you can learn how to be conscious of what you put into your body.

Why Try This Treat

It’s summer; we all crave cooler treats. Why not look good and feel good choosing the healthier option for you and your family? Plus, it’s a fun thing to make! Chill with a bowl of nice cream from your Yonanas while boosting your intake of fruits and vegetables.

When it comes to bananas, the original influence for Yonanas, it’s a healthy choice for everyone, and this device will turn your overripe bananas into a delicious and creamy treat that looks and tastes like soft-serve ice cream. Freeze ‘em and use ‘em.

Bananas are available year-round in their own environmentally friendly packaging. Bananas are high in potassium, a mineral that helps build muscles, maintain brain function and synthesize protein, and have no sodium, fat or cholesterol. Bananas are high in fiber and much of it is the kind that can help lower cholesterol.

The cool concoction can be a great natural source of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper and even protein. When you add in other fruits and nuts like raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, peanuts and almonds to the base of bananas, you add more nutrition, including vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, folate, iron, calcium, protein, manganese, potassium and dietary fiber, and loads of antioxidants.

Called Yonanas, the desserts from this machine have only 0 to 1 points for Weight Watchers and it slashes the calories, sodium, fat and cholesterol out of ice cream. Use fruit that’s about to go bad, rather than throwing it out! It’s more cost efficient and sized to sit neatly on the kitchen counter.

Learn More

The Yonanas Maker is available at Yonanas.com, Amazon.com, Bed Bath & Beyond and other retailers for $39.99. For further facts, tips and recipes and to see the machine in action, visit www.yonanas.com.

clicktotweet“Families are enthusing over a DIY “nice cream” maker with a nutritious twist. You just put bananas, frozen fruit and other favorite ingredients in the Yonanas machine, hit a button and watch the nutritious, delicious treat slide out the other side. http://bit.ly/2ytIJtr

On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)