Seeing Is Believing When It Comes To Road Safety

By NAPS (North American Precis Syndicate)
on April 19, 2018

For safe driving, maintain vehicle wipers, lights and mirrors. (NAPS)

(NAPSI)—Although properly functioning vehicle lights, wipers and mirrors allow for better visibility while driving, these items are all too often forgotten or ignored when people perform basic auto care, says the nonprofit Car Care Council.

“Making sure that you can see and be seen on the road is essential to avoiding motor vehicle accidents, yet many motorists overlook simple maintenance steps that can improve driving visibility,” explained Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council.

Following a few auto care visibility tips can be illuminating, helping to ensure the safety of you, your passengers and other vehicles around you.

• Replace any exterior or interior lights that are dimming, rapidly blinking or nonfunctioning and be sure headlights are correctly aimed.

• Make sure that vehicle mirrors are clean and properly positioned.

• Check windshield washer fluid level and, when it gets low, replace it.

• Replace wiper blades if they show cracking or if they chatter or streak when operating. Don’t forget to check the rear wiper blade.

• When in doubt, turn your lights on to help you see and help other drivers see you. Some places even have laws that require headlights to be on when windshield wipers are operating.

• Don’t overdrive your headlights. Maintain a speed that will let you stop within the illuminated area; otherwise, you create a blind crash zone in front of your vehicle.

The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers.

For a free copy of the popular “Car Care Guide,” visit the council’s consumer education website at www.carcare.org.

clicktotweet “Although properly functioning vehicle lights, wipers and mirrors allow for better visibility while driving, these items are all too often forgotten or ignored when people perform basic auto care, says the non-profit Car Care Council. http://bit.ly/2JawrXH

On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)