For A Fun Time, Smile And Say Cheese Board

By NAPS (North American Precis Syndicate)
on January 10, 2018

For a sophisticated gluten-free hors d'oeuvre, top organic Harvest Stone® Crackers with Manchego cheese, prosciutto and fig slices. (NAPS)

(NAPSI)—The next time you want to get together for an evening with friends, go for the sophisticated touch of a wine and cheese pairing party.

Here are four hints on how:

The Cheese

Start with at least four different kinds of cheese: Creamy, decadent cheeses, with a soft rind. Stiff cheeses, which can be sharp or salty. They're often aged. Pungent, sometimes salty cheeses, with a blue tinge. Soft, spreadable cheeses that can be tangy or mild.

The Wine

Go for either complementary or contrasting flavors. A lush wine works well with a triple-cream cheese, while an acidic wine will reduce the cheese's sweetness. Taste the cheese first by itself on a cracker before you try it with the wine.

The Board

You can use any large platter or cutting board or perhaps a special glass or a slate cheese tray you can chalk the cheese names on. In addition to the cheese, you may care to add some extra flavor, color and crunch with sliced cured meats such as prosciutto and hard salami, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, assorted olives, slices of fresh apples or pears, dried fruit and mixed nuts.

One treat your guests may care to try is this:

Manchego Cheese, Prosciutto and Fig

Harvest Stone® Tomato Basil Brown Rice & Chickpea Crackers

Manchego cheese

Prosciutto

Fig

Top Harvest Stone Tomato Basil Brown Rice & Chickpea Crackers with slice of prosciutto and Manchego cheese. Finish with wedge of fresh fig.

The Serving

White wine should be served at 45° F, red wine at 60° F. The cheese should be at room temperature for about 30 to 60 minutes before you serve it. Start with lighter wines and fresher cheeses and move to the sharper, more full-bodied ones.

Serve it all on Harvest Stone Crackers. They're certified gluten-free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization and made on dedicated, certified gluten-free production lines. The crackers are also verified non-GMO and made according to organic standards. Because Harvest Stone crackers are packed with whole grains, seeds and not much else, they make for an excellent canvas for just about all your wholesome creations. These clever crackers can complement your health-conscious lifestyle without compromising your good taste.

Learn More

For other great recipes, coupons, tips and nutrition information, visit www.harveststone.com.

"The next time you want to get together for an evening with friends, go for the sophisticated touch of a wine and cheese pairing party with gluten-free crackers."

On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)