University of South Florida Textbooks > 71 Arts & Crafts for School Children

71 Arts & Crafts for School Children

Publisher:V&S Publishers

Author:Editorial Board

Buying Options Renting Options

71 Arts & Crafts for School Children Description

Art and Craft is a diverse and creative subject that allows kids to explore ideas or concepts and then express it by making something. Today arts and crafts are a great pastime and educational tool for kids. It can not only keep the tiny tots busy and entertained on a rainy day, but also extend a child's fine motor skills, develop concepts like colour or numbers and see scientific processes like gluing and paint drying in action. It also helps to develop the creative instincts of a child, who is ever so enthusiastic to learn and create something new. However, children always need their parents' or teachers' guidance, attention along with love and affection in their lives. Hence, drawing, painting or making simple, yet attractive craft items with them could be real fun and a great way to create a lifetime of memories for you and your children/students, as the case may be. The book is a treasure trove of novel ideas and beautiful creations of Arts and Crafts with easily available objects, such as: crayons, water and oil colours of different shades, glue, scissors, paper, wax, clay, stones, metal pieces, magnets, leaves, flowers, etc. There are collage items, various coloured paper craft items, marble painting, sculpting, greeting cards, paper lanterns, bookmarks, balloon mask, etc. that have been explained in the book in detail, exclusively for school children in the age group of 5 to 12 years. Thus, the book will serve as a useful guide for art and craft teachers as well as parents, who are always keen to decipher and carve out the best for the young ones.