University of South Florida Textbooks > Studies on Certain Nematode Pests Parasitizing Some Ornamental Plants

Studies on Certain Nematode Pests Parasitizing Some Ornamental Plants

Publisher:VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller e.K.

Author:Marwa El-Deriny

Buying Options Renting Options

Studies on Certain Nematode Pests Parasitizing Some Ornamental Plants Description

Ornamental plants are of greater importance as they are cultivated in nurseries, landscape and home gardens. At the present time, a great attention has been paid for the medicinal and aromatic plants as a natural therapy source to replace the chemical one. Besides, some of aromatic and medicinal plants are used as exportable crops to other countries and subsequently increase the national income. Ornamental plants are subjected to be attacked with several plant parasitic nematodes. Nematode control was based mostly on the use of nematicides. However, because of environmental toxicity, other control techniques have been investigated. The present dissertation discussed the occurrence and distribution of various nematodes associated within the rhizosphere of some ornamental plants cultivated at different counties in Dakahlia governorate, Egypt, the susceptibility of certain ornamental plant species to root-knot and reniform nematodes infection and finally controlling of the previous nematodes infecting carnation and mountain thyme using bacteria and certain bioproducts.