University of South Florida Textbooks > Digital Documents - Systems and Principles

Digital Documents - Systems and Principles 1th edition

Publisher:Springer

Authors:Peter King, Peter R. King, P. R. King, Ethan V. Munson

Renting Options Buying Options

Digital Documents - Systems and Principles Description

This volume contains the proceedings of two recent conferences in the ?eld of electronic publishing and digital documents: – DDEP 2000, the 8th International Conference on Digital Documents and Electronic Publishing, the successor conference to the EP conference series; and – PODDP 2000, the 5th International Workshop on the Principles of Digital Document Processing. Both conferences were held at the Technische Universit¨ at Munc ¨ hen, Munich, Germany in September 2000. DDEP 2000 was the eighth in a biennial series of international conferences organized to promote the exchange of novel ideas concerning the computer p- duction, manipulation and dissemination of documents. This conference series has attempted to re?ect the evolving nature and usage of documents by treating digital documents and electronic publishing as a broad topic covering many - pects. These aspects have included document models, document representation and document dissemination, dynamic and hyper-documents, document ana- sis and management, and wide-ranging applications. The papers presented at DDEP 2000 and in this volume re?ect this broad view, and cover such diverse topicsashypermediastructureanddesign,multimediaauthoringtechniquesand systems, document structure inference, typography, document management and adaptation, document collections and Petri nets. All papers were refereed by an international program committee.