University of South Florida Textbooks > Correspondences and Contrasts in Foreign Language Pedagogy and Translation Studies

Correspondences and Contrasts in Foreign Language Pedagogy and Translation Studies

Publisher:Springer

Authors:Katarzyna Pi Tkowska, Katarzyna Piatkowska, Katarzyna Pitkowska, Ewa Ko Cia Kowska-Oko Ska, Ewa Koscialkowska-okonska, Ewa Kociakowska-Okoska

Buying Options Renting Options

Correspondences and Contrasts in Foreign Language Pedagogy and Translation Studies Description

The book constitutes a selection of 18 papers on foreign language pedagogy (11 papers) and translation studies (9 papers). The first part of the book is devoted to foreign language pedagogy. The articles in this part focus on issues such as English as lingua franca, foreign language teacher training, the role of individual learner differences in language learning and teaching especially with respect to strategies of language learning as well as psychological and socioaffective factors. The part focusing on translation studies comprises articles devoted to a variety of topics. It places a wide range of readings within the context of varying translation domains such as translation competence, literary translation, translation strategies, translation teaching (including strategies of dictionary use) and translator training. The combination of the above aspects intends to underline the truly interdisciplinary nature of translation.