Cards and Quests

Publisher:Skirmisher Publishing

Authors:Allison Markello, Todd Markello

Renting Options Buying Options

Cards and Quests Description

Welcome to Cards & Quests! This game is intended for players who enjoy playing fantasy RPGs without being bogged down in character creation. The creators’ intention was to find an easier and less time consuming way to play RPGs while keeping all the qualities that make the games so entertaining and memorable. There are new concepts in Cards & Quests that are unique to this system. Conflict resolution either in battle, magic, or skills is determined using a standard deck of 52 cards. Also, the magic and skill system is based on 8 elements. These elements replace the idea of a profession or class. This new 52 card system is intuitive, fun, and simple to use. Battles are quicker, the skills and magic resolution follow the same basic rules, and using the cards presents both an enjoyable amount of chance and strategy. Instead of a purely random approach as in typical dice based RPG games, Cards & Quests adds an element of strategy by allowing the player some control over his/her ability to succeed. The battle system and 8 elements, together, let characters have access to the most amount of skills and spells while keeping the game balanced. You will find that low level and high level characters are exciting to play in this new RPG! For Game Masters, the easy and intuitive rules make for simple adventure creation. You can challenge your story telling abilities as a Game Master while making a balanced game that all the players will enjoy!