University of South Florida Textbooks > 101 Vegetarian Grill & Barbecue Recipes

101 Vegetarian Grill & Barbecue Recipes

Publisher:Ryland Peters & Small

Author:Ryland Peters & Small

Buying Options Renting Options

101 Vegetarian Grill & Barbecue Recipes Description

A truly international collection containing 101 of the most delicious veggie recipes to cook on the grill.

The sun’s out, your friends are coming over, the fridge is full of crisp white wine chilling nicely and you’re ready to grill. But you have a vegetarian (or two) coming - what to cook? Don’t be fooled into thinking that the marriage of pure heat and raw meat is the only option. There are so many jaw-droppingly delicious and healthy ways to cook all kinds of meat-free food over the coals or on a gas grill. Here you’ll find ultimate inspiration in chapters organized iinto Small Bites & Dips; Skewers & Kabobs; Burgers & Pockets; Hot Sides; Salads & Slaws; Salsas, Relishes & Sauces; Sweet Treats. Whether it’s the spicy combination of Scotch bonnet heat and sweet molasses you find in Caribbean Sweet Potatoes, the melt-in-your-mouth Corn Cobs with Chimichurri, Mediterranean Chargrilled Veg with Saffron Mayo; Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Grilled Halloumi and Fresh Tomato Salsa or Grilled Pineapple with Brown Sugar and Fresh Lime, we’ve sourced the best recipes from all around the globe plus quick-fix recipes for marinades, sauces, and rubs that can be used to add flavor and fire to the simplest of vegetables. So put down those frozen bean burgers and live a little with these "101 Vegetarian Grill and BBQ Recipes". Your veggie guests will love you and next time you fire up the BBQ meat not even be on the menu at all.