Best New Media, K-12

Publisher:Libraries Unlimited

Author:Catherine Barr

Buying Options Renting Options

Best New Media, K-12 Description

The abundance of formats available today provides a rich learning environment but also poses challenges to librarians, teachers, and parents. This new volume in the respected Best Books series guides readers to the best movies, educational software and games, and subscription Web sites for children and teens. Entries feature full bibliographic information (including grade level), a descriptive annotation, and review citations. An introduction addresses selection, acquisition, cataloging, shelving, and security of new media. A great selection, collection development, and programming tool. Grades K–12.

New technologies broaden the range of opportunities for teaching, learning, and communicating; and they can provide students with a rich learning environment; but the options can be daunting. Barr's new volume helps librarians and educators find the best in DVDs (educational movies and documentaries), educational software and CD-ROMs (including educational programs and computer games of the Sim City variety), and subscription Web sites. Coverage is from January 2001 to the present.

Full bibliographic information, a brief descriptive annotation (including grade level), and review citations are provided for each title. Comments on best values are incorporated when appropriate. Extensive indexing makes access easy, and an introduction addresses selection, acquisitions, cataloguing, shelving, and security of new media. Grades K–12.