The Dreamstarter Book 1th edition

Publisher:Cold Tree Press

Authors:Jennifer Karin Sidford, Leticia Plate

Buying Options Renting Options

The Dreamstarter Book Description

The DreamStarter Book is an exciting and innovative way to unlock children's creativity and imaginations. Jennifer Karin Sidford has written the beginning of fifty tales, each crafted to whet children's interest and encourage creative thinking. Simply read a story starter to a child and watch the magic as he or she shapes a whole world of possibilities. Kids can either finish the story orally, or they can write their stories down. Open the door to a child's imagination with this collection of great beginnings. Whether used at home, on vacation, or in the classroom, DreamStarters is a great way to inspire young minds. For parents, grandparents, teachers, camp counselors, and babysitters, or anyone who lives, works, or plays with children, The DreamStarter Book is an indispensable and fun way to connect with kids. Besides being fun, getting kids involved in storytelling promotes listening skills and encourages them to improvise and construct their own narratives. Permitting and encouraging children to be verbally active...fosters concentration, effort, problem-solving, and task success, says Alix Spiegel of National Public Radio. It also promotes make-believe play, which Susan Linn, author of The Case for Make Believe, says is crucial to human development. The link, she says, between play, creativity, and health is undeniable. Storytelling can also pique a child's interest in reading, writing, and speaking. It builds vocabulary and comprehension while improving communication skills. According to Martha Hamilton and Mitch Weiss, professional storytellers and authors of the book Children Tell Stories: Teaching and Using Storytelling in the Classroom, storytelling improves self-esteem and expressive language skills. It also helps children learn poise and techniques for gaining and holding an audience's attention. Allowing children to be children and to share their imaginative worlds with other children as well as adults is what The DreamStarter Book is all about. Let the magical journey begin.