Macrobiotics for Life 1th edition

Publisher:North Atlantic Books

Authors:Simon Brown, Dragana Brown

Buying Options Renting Options

Macrobiotics for Life Description

Macrobiotics for Life presents a complete, holistic approach to health that can be applied to the body, mind, and soul. Combining the concept of a healthy, natural-foods lifestyle with a philosophy of self-love, macrobiotic expert Simon Brown explains how food, exercise, and bodywork can create greater physical health. Written in an accessible, easy-to-understand style, the book takes readers through simple steps beginning with thought, exercise, and diet, and shows how to bring macrobiotic practice into everyday life. Topics include healing the mind (letting go of assumptions and judgments), healing the heart (listening to one’s emotions), and healing the body (caring for one’s skin, energizing one’s organs, and creating a healthy digestive system).Brown offers extensive information about macrobiotic foods—tips for eating out, saving time in the kitchen, dealing with food cravings—and a variety of menu plans to help readers get started, including a time-saver weekly menu. A full range of nearly 100 recipes provides the essential resources for experiencing macrobiotics, and sixteen striking color photographs illustrate meals that are both delicious and nutritious to help readers see the variety of options that are available.