University of South Florida Textbooks > Web Marketing for Small and Home-Based Businesses

Web Marketing for Small and Home-Based Businesses

Publisher:Productive Publications

Author:Learn2succeed.com Inc. Staff

Buying Options Renting Options

Web Marketing for Small and Home-Based Businesses Description

This book shows you how to advertise and sell your products or services on the Web. Learn the basics of Web marketing and some of the challenges facing online merchants. Find out how to use the Web for your market research and how to prepare your Web marketing plan.

Learn about the importance of selecting a suitable domain name and what's involved with Web hosting. Take a look at Web authoring software and then find out how to make your site user-friendly. Read about some of the software that is available for conducting e-commerce.

Find out about search engines and how to improve your ranking with them in the chapter on search engine optimization. Take a look at the effectiveness of banner ads, pop-up ads, Web rings and the importance of links to other sites.

Learn how to keep the name of your business in front of your customers with permission-based e-mail and e-newsletters. Find out the significance of viral marketing and the importance of referrals and affiliate programs.

Look at ways to use traditional marketing to drive traffic to your site. Then, take a look into the future and new marketing strategies using Internet telephony, streaming audio and video.

Web marketing is a great way to expand your business. This book will provide you with all the information you need to get started.