Body, Mind and Spirit

Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Author:Dee Saddler

Renting Options Buying Options

Body, Mind and Spirit Description

Why are African American women more likely to die during domestic disputes than women from other races? Why, after years of hard work, are African American women still more likely to retire in poverty? How do African American women maintain their composure and self-esteem when confronted with racism, stereotypes, and microaggressions? Body, Mind & Spirit: What Every African American Woman Should Know (Volume Two) is a sensational and captivating workbook which candidly and vividly addresses these topics and more! Mind-blowing and soul-stirring, this workbook offers sound, research-based, practical solutions to the problems without demonizing African American men and without downgrading the experiences of women from other races. This fascinating volume is designed to inform, empower, inspire, and uplift African American women! Other intriguing topics include but are not limited to sexual abuse, substance abuse, colorism, money management, African American women entrepreneurs, body image, hair care, skin care, and much more! Complete with KWL Charts and more, Body, Mind, & Spirit Volume Two is a dynamic workbook that could be read in solitude or read in groups. If read in solitude, it will surely captivate the reader and inspire deep self-reflection! If read in groups, it will surely captivate the readers; inspire deep self-reflection; and serve as the catalyst for "interesting" discussions! Sensitive, yet taboo subjects are addressed and this no holds barred workbook is not for the faint of heart! This dynamic and innovative book is sure to touch hearts, change minds, and save lives!