Body, Mind and Spirit

Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Author:Dee Saddler

Renting Options Buying Options

Body, Mind and Spirit Description

What causes African American women to have a shorter life expectancy than other women? Why do African American women suffer from depression at higher rates than women from other races? Why do African American women develop fibroids more frequently than women from other races? Why are some African American quick to attempt to destroy or humiliate other African American women? In this shocking, candid, and jaw-dropping edition of "Body, Mind & Spirit: What Every African American Woman Should Know," these questions are addressed. In addition, spirituality, prayer, anxiety, cancer, depression, diabetes, fibroids, frenemies, heart disease, mate-poaching, obesity, and single parenting are discussed. Each chapter vividly explains how each of these problems adversely affect African American women and offers practical, research-based recommendations on how to overcome those problems. "Body, Mind & Spirit" is the first part of a captivating and powerful two volume research-based comprehensive workbook designed to inform, empower, inspire, and uplift African American women without male-bashing and without downplaying the experiences of women from other races. Complete with KWL charts, "Body, Mind & Spirit," could be read in solitude or read in groups. If read in groups, the topics will captivate the reader and inspire deep self-reflection. If read in groups, the topics will captivate the readers; inspire deep self-reflection; and serve as the catalysts for "interesting" discussions! Sensitive and taboo subjects are covererd and this no-holds barred workbook is not for the fain of heart! This dynamic and life-changing workbook will surely touch hearts, change minds, and save lives!