University of South Florida Textbooks > StoryHack Action and Adventure, Issue 0

StoryHack Action and Adventure, Issue 0

Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Authors:David Boop, Bryce Beattie, Julie Frost, David West, Jon Mollison, Jay Barnson, Shannon Winward, Keith West, Alexandru Constantin, Steve DuBois

Buying Options Renting Options

StoryHack Action and Adventure, Issue 0 Description

StoryHack Action & Adventure is a brand new pulp magazine. This issue contains: “A Tiger in the Garden” by Alexandru Constantin - A disgraced and exiled noble, stripped of his status, spends his days drinking and whoring in the exotic jungle colonies. When pressed to pay his debts he gets entangled in a deadly plot involving deceit, murder, and the dark magic of the deep jungle. “The Monster Without” by Julie Frost - A werewolf private eye with serious save-the-damsel issues is on the hunt for the killer of a teenage girl. When a woman hires him to protect her from her abusive boyfriend, the cases collide in a way that may cost him his sanity-if not his life. “Hal Turk and the Lost City of the Maya” by David Boop - A Texan bounty hunter has chased a criminal through Mexico and into Guatemala. Can he survive when he and his quarry fall captive to a bloodthirsty, long-forgotton ancient civilization? “King of Spades” by David J. West - What happens when the dead come back to haunt us? General Joab has to find a way to free his king from the rising specter of a long thought dead Goliath. “Desert Hunt” by Jon Mollison - The first steps in Karl Barber’s hunt for the leaders of a human trafficking ring land him in the ancient city of Cairo. His investigation takes an unexpected turn when the fate of a single girl compels him to strike before he’s ready. “The Chronicle of the Dark Nimbus” by Keith West - A cursed prince, is living in exile with his squire until the curse can be broken. They have been sent by their royal sorcerer to protect a thaumaturgist from assassination. “Menagerie” by Steve Dubois - In the Victorian era, a teenage countess and her motley band encounter a plot to restore the Confederate States of America. “Daughter of Heaven” by Shannon Connor Winward - A dealer of ancient artifacts flies to Mars to identify a particularly interesting piece. Can he survive when he triggers the fulfillment of a world-destroying prophecy? “Dead Last” by Jay Barnson - A junior-level agent for a modern-day magical cabal on embarks on his first field assignment. When a necromancer turns his contacts into gun-toting zombies, he must use every bit of his wits, talents, and sometimes inappropriate sense of humor to survive.