University of South Florida Textbooks > Logic Design and Verification Using SystemVerilog (Revised)

Logic Design and Verification Using SystemVerilog (Revised)

Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Author:Donald Thomas

Renting Options Buying Options

Logic Design and Verification Using SystemVerilog (Revised) Description

SystemVerilog is a Hardware Description Language that enables designers to work at the higher levels of logic design abstractions that match the increased complexity of current day integrated circuit and field-programmable gate array (FPGA) designs. The majority of the book assumes a basic background in logic design and software programming concepts. It is directed at: • students currently in an introductory logic design course that also teaches SystemVerilog, • designers who want to update their skills from Verilog or VHDL, and • students in VLSI design and advanced logic design courses that include verification as well as design topics. The book starts with a tutorial introduction on hardware description languages and simulation. It proceeds to the register-transfer design topics of combinational and finite state machine (FSM) design — these mirror the topics of introductory logic design courses. The book covers the design of FSM-datapath designs and their interfaces, including SystemVerilog interfaces. Then it covers the more advanced topics of writing testbenches including using assertions and functional coverage. A comprehensive index provides easy access to the book’s topics. The goal of the book is to introduce the broad spectrum of features in the language in a way that complements introductory and advanced logic design and verification courses, and then provides a basis for further learning. Solutions to problems at the end of chapters, and text copies of the SystemVerilog examples are available from the author as described in the Preface.