University of South Florida Textbooks > Essentials of Exercise Physiology

Essentials of Exercise Physiology 5th edition

Publisher:LWW

Authors:William D. McArdle, McArdle, Victor L Katch, Frank I. Katch, Victor L. Katch

Renting Options Buying Options

Essentials of Exercise Physiology Description

Publisher’s Note:   Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Help your students succeed in the course and their future careers with this Fifth Edition of the briefer version of the best-selling McArdle Exercise Physiology text. The book emphasizes nutrition as the foundation of exercise and uses a new student-friendly magazine-style design, hallmark pedagogy, and an engaging writing style to make exercise physiology interesting and understandable for today’s undergraduate students.

Featuring updates in every section that reflect the latest trends and research in the field, Essentials of Exercise Physiology helps students develop a deep understanding of the interrelationships among energy intake, energy transfer during exercise, and the related physiologic systems. As they progress through the book, students also master the how-tos of applying key concepts to enhance exercise training, athletic performance, and health.

In addition, the Fifth Edition includes a suite of instructor and student resources designed to save you time and help your students succeed.

Student Resources:
  • An online Interactive Question Bank with study and quiz options helps students master the content of the course.
  • Supplemental documentation relevant to the field includes The Internet and Exercise Physiology, Surgeon General’s Vision for Health Fit Nation 2010, and a Guide to Reliable Supplemental Information Sources.
  • A list of Frequently Cited Journals in Exercise Physiology enables students to increase their understanding of topics of interest.
  • Animations of key exercise physiology concepts selected by reviewers help students understand complex processes.

Instructor Resources:
  • PowerPoint presentations make it easy to integrate the textbook with your students’ classroom experience via either handouts or slide shows.
  • A complete image bank enhances lecture and exam preparation.
  • A robust test generator helps you put together tests that assess your students’ understanding.