University of South Florida Textbooks > Pro Python System Administration

Pro Python System Administration 2th edition

ISBN:148420218X

Publisher:Apress L. P.

Author:Rytis Sileika

Buying Options Renting Options

Pro Python System Administration Description

Pro Python System Administration, Second Edition explains and shows how to apply Python scripting in practice. It will show you how to approach and resolve real-world issues that most system administrators will come across in their careers. This book has been updated using Python 2.7 and Python 3 where appropriate. It also uses various new and relevant open source projects and tools that should now be used in practice.

In this updated edition, you will find several projects in the categories of network administration, web server administration, and monitoring and database management. In each project, the author will define the problem, design the solution, and go through the more interesting implementation steps. Each project is accompanied by the source code of a fully working prototype, which you’ll be able to use immediately or adapt to your requirements and environment.

This book is primarily aimed at experienced system administrators whose day-to-day tasks involve looking after and managing small-to-medium-sized server estates. It will also be beneficial for system administrators who want to learn more about automation and want to apply their Python knowledge to solve various system administration problems. Python developers will also benefit from reading this book, especially if they are involved in developing automation and management tools.