University of South Florida Textbooks > Spring 4 for Developing Enterprise Applications

Spring 4 for Developing Enterprise Applications

ISBN:148028470X

Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Author:Henry H. Liu

Buying Options Renting Options

Spring 4 for Developing Enterprise Applications Description

Latest update (June 25, 2017): Revised and updated to help bring your Spring knowledge and skills up to date to the latest Spring 4.3.9 GA, released on June 7, 2017. Many enhancements have been included based on feedback from many readers and instructors, to make it even more effective and efficient for either self-paced study or as a text for instructor-led classes. In addition, as always since the book was first published in 2012, the author provides email support to help unblock you in time for any issues you encounter while working through this text.

Book Description: This book adopts a unique approach to helping software developers and CS students learn Spring frameworks fast. Rather than filled with disjointed, piecemeal samples to show Spring features one at a time, it uses a single, functioning, end-to-end, integrated sample named SOBA (Secure Online Banking Application) to help you learn Spring systematically. To give you total flexibility, SOBA runs on a comprehensive set of combined platforms, such as the OS platforms of Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, the Java App Server platforms of Tomcat, GlassFish, JBoss and WebLogic, and the RDBMS platforms of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and SQL Server. The book has evolved through three major Spring releases of 2.x, 3.x and 4.x since 2012. It has been used by many Java developers, training vendors and colleges to teach themselves or their students the innovative way of developing software with Spring frameworks.

Specifically, this book helps you learn the following latest Spring technologies:

* Spring Core Framework
* Spring MVC Web Framework
* Spring Data Access Framework (JDBC, JPA and Hibernate)
* Spring RESTful Web Services Framework
* Spring Security Framework
* Spring Transaction Management Framework
* Spring Validation Framework
* Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) Framework
* Spring Testing
* Spring Integration with EJB
* Spring Web Flow Framework

After working through this text, you will gain a complete set of knowledge and skills for developing Spring-based enterprise applications through all tiers of the Web front tier, app mid-tier and database backend tier. You will be inspired for developing software from many aspects.