Homemade Pasta Dough

ISBN:147823458X

Publisher:lCreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Author:Elisabetta Parisi

Buying Options Renting Options

Homemade Pasta Dough Description

Making your own pasta is a very satisfying way to spend your time in the kitchen. The rewards come from both the effort that you put in and the fantastic new tastes that you can create for your family and friends at meal time. Homemade Pasta Dough explains how to make many different kinds of pasta from the raw ingredients. The book explains how to make pasta dough both by hand and using various machines to help cut down the work involved. Fresh pasta made at home is a very healthy option and there are lots of ways that you can vary the pasta dough you make. This will then add life to your pasta meals. The book contains details of mixing, rolling, cutting, stuffing and shaping your pasta. This is an updated and extended version of the original popular book with lots of new pasta dough recipes which will extend your pasta repertoire. There are also more details on stuffed pastas such as ravioli and tortellini as well as dessert style pasta. Also now included, are example recipes showing where the different pasta doughs and shapes can be used. Contents: Introduction Using machines or making pasta by hand? The basic pasta dough recipe Making the dough by hand Rolling the dough by hand Using a mixer to make the dough Rolling the dough using a machine Semolina based pasta as an aid to nutrition Pasta Dough recipe using all purpose flour Pasta dough recipe without eggs Colored pasta Green pasta Red pasta Dark red or purple pasta Other colors for pasta Herb pasta Roasted capsicum pepper pasta Lemon pasta Lemon and black pepper pasta Lemon and Parsley Pasta Pasta with saffron Egg noodle pasta Pasta dough made from whole wheat Fresh Lasagna Pasta Fresh Fettuccine pasta Dessert Pasta Chocolate Pasta Storing home made pasta Preparing pasta shapes by hand Using a machine to cut and shape pasta The best uses for different pasta shapes Stuffed Pasta Pasta dough recipe for ravioli Tortellini with a spinach and ricotta filling Agnolotti stuffed with beef and spinach Cappelletti stuffed with prosciutto, sausage and chicken Fresh pasta dough meal recipes Conclusion