University of South Florida Textbooks > The National Security Implications of Investments and Products from the People's Republic of China in the Telecommunications Sector

The National Security Implications of Investments and Products from the People's Republic of China in the Telecommunications Sector

ISBN:147513729X

Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Author:The Uscc Research Staff

Renting Options Buying Options

The National Security Implications of Investments and Products from the People's Republic of China in the Telecommunications Sector Description

The U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission has released the report, "The National Security Implications of Investments and Products From the People’s Republic of China In the Telecommunications Sector," detailing China’s extensive engagement in the U.S. telecommunications sector and the impact on U.S. national security interests. The report discusses how China's growing involvement and investment in U.S. telecommunications supply chains and companies, including the penetration of the U.S. marketplace by companies subject to ownership, control, or influence by the People's Republic of China, could eventually provide China with access to or control of vital U.S. and allied information, networks, or segments of critical supply chains. It also describes some of the potential security vulnerabilities in communications networks that might be exploited by hostile actors, whether state-sponsored or otherwise.