University of South Florida Textbooks > Experimental Multimedia Systems for Interactivity and Strategic Innovation

Experimental Multimedia Systems for Interactivity and Strategic Innovation

Publisher:Information Science Reference

Authors:Ioannis Deliyannis, Petros Kostagiolas, Christina Banou

Buying Options Renting Options

Experimental Multimedia Systems for Interactivity and Strategic Innovation Description

Multimedia has evolved with the introduction of interaction, allowing and encouraging users to control and navigate through content. Experimental multimedia is a new human-computer communication method that allows for the reinvention and redevelopment of user content.

Experimental Multimedia Systems for Interactivity and Strategic Innovation presents the next evolutionary step of multimedia where interactivity meets targeted creativity and experimentation. In providing the basic framework for experimental multimedia through case studies that allow the reader to appreciate the design of multimedia systems, this publications audience extends beyond new media artists to scientists, publishers, and developers who wish to extend their system designs to offer adaptive capabilities combined with multimedia content and dynamic interaction.

This publication presents a collection of carefully selected theoretical and applied research chapters with a focus on matters including, but not limited to, aesthetics in publishing, e-health systems, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, human-computer interaction, interactive multimedia, and new media curation.