University of South Florida Textbooks > The Best Book On Naturopathy

The Best Book On Naturopathy

Publisher:Hyperink

Author:Julie Tran

Buying Options

The Best Book On Naturopathy Description

Dear readers: Why did I write this book? First, I wanted to encourage other people with an interest in naturopathic medicine to pursue a career in the subject. At the same time, make sure this is something you want to commit to. Becoming a licensed naturopathic doctor involves years of education and clinical experience. Second, I wanted to create a practical guide to naturopathic education. Finding the right school can be tricky. You’ll need to consider location, classes, and professors. Choose the best school for you. The admissions process is never fun. Inside, you’ll find helpful tips for writing your application essays, what to look for in a recommendation letter, and advice to ace your interview. In addition to a guide on admissions, you’ll find an overview of naturopathic school where you will learn about core classes, clinical experience, and modalities to make the most of your experience. Finally, graduation is only the beginning a career in naturopathy. Classes don’t prepare you for setting up your own practice and treating patients. In this book, I’ve created an easy guide to considering your own practice and setting up appointments with patients. Building a client base will take a couple years—be patient! Transforming an interest in and passion for naturopathic medicine into a career can be challenging. Only a few states and provinces currently license naturopathic doctors. You’ll need to make difficult decisions about where to practice, what school to attend, and which area to specialize in. Transform your passion into a fulfilling career. Good luck! Sincerely, Julie Tran Interested in alternative medicine? Learn to transfer your passion into a fledgling career in naturopathy from an experienced doctor! What’s In The Book: - 6 basic principles of naturopathy - 4 questions to ask patients - How to build a practice and client base - A guide to naturopathic education - Advice for writing a great application essay - 5 tips to ace your interview - Information on core classes and class size - How to choose a specific modality - Resources on state licensing and accredited schools