University of South Florida Textbooks > Understanding Green Business

Understanding Green Business

Publisher:AuthorHouse

Authors:Nik Tehrani, Swapna Sinha

Buying Options Renting Options

Understanding Green Business Description

Why Understanding Green Business? With every new day society has become more aware of the increasing threats to the globe due to the non-environmentally friendly practices that have been occurring in the previous years. Due to the newfound awareness, people have taken greater lengths to pass laws, alter company policies and change their everyday lives to do their part in helping to preserve the environment and prevent any further damage. Rather than taking the easy route and continuing their habits, society is putting forth a consciousness effort to go out of their way to improve the environment in any way they can. As a collective force the going green movement will better the environment and allow further generations to enjoy a clean and productive world. How is Understanding Green Business structured? Dr. Tehrani and Dr. Sinha dedicate each chapter to a different aspect of "going green" in this book such as products, transportation, networking, research and energy alternatives. In addition, the authors discuss green careers and provide useful information on how to go about working at a green company. The future of the green movement and its impacts are mentioned so as to provide a potential impact of current changes in the future. It also shows a possible interpretation of how the future green movement shall be exercised. Who is this book for? This book has been created as the core textbook for Business professionals, industry practitioners, academicians and students who would like to hone their business skills, and keep up with the latest trends in Green Business. As a result, Understanding Green Business will support students pursuing a master degree in MBA, Certificate in Management or a Diploma in Management and/or Business while undergraduate students in business programs.