University of South Florida Textbooks > Real Essays with Readings

Real Essays with Readings 5th edition

Publisher:Bedford/St. Martin's

Author:Susan Anker

Renting Options Buying Options

Real Essays with Readings Description

Real Essays puts essay writing in a real-world context, showing students that critical writing, reading, and thinking skills are both attainable and essential to student success.

Real Essays helps students to connect the writing class with their real lives and with the expectations of the larger world. This new edition has expanded rhetorical situation coverage, emphasizing the rhetorical triangle (audience, purpose, and author), and helping students think and read more critically. In addition, even more situational writing from the workplace showcases how students will use writing beyond the classroom. Profiles of Success from former students, over forty professional and student readings (50% new), and proven step-by-step grammar and writing instruction, energize and encourage students while giving them the support they need. With a simplified design, this updated version of Real Essays helps students realize their goals and gives instructors the support and tools they need to help them reach those goals.

This edition can be packaged with LaunchPad Solo for Real Essays, which includes LearningCurve, the adaptive online quizzing program with immediate feedback that 95% of students surveyed recommend to their peers. Additional online multiple-choice grammar exercises offer even more practice on the grammar concepts students find most challenging.