University of South Florida Textbooks > Interpersonal Relations and the Erotic Experience

Interpersonal Relations and the Erotic Experience

Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Authors:Jorge Saez, Jorge saez, Jorge Weibel Saez

Buying Options Renting Options

Interpersonal Relations and the Erotic Experience Description

The book, Interpersonal Relations and the Erotic Experience, deals mainly with human sexuality in the context of the emotional relations of couples. The idea of this publication was born at the beginning of a medical practice more than 50 years ago. The clinical histories of some of my patients with sexual problems showed that the love relationship was almost in all cases unsatisfactory. This inspired me to study interpersonal relationships between couples and their importance in the establishment of harmonious love relationships and sexual satisfaction. This book analyzes the influence of some of the factors that help to make a more stable and lasting love relationship. The course of the relationship and the factors that deteriorate it are explained. The confusion between love and sex is elucidated. The difference between making love and having sex is described. Sex is not love; it is part of love. The emotional components that are lacking when couples just have sex are analyzed. Scientific investigations, cultural evolution, the biological aspects and the anatomic substratum of emotions and sexual behavior are presented. The importance of erotic stimulation before making love so that the woman can achieve orgasm is demonstrated. The anatomy and physiology of the sexual function, including the sexual act is illustrated. The hormonal effect on sexuality is described. Some of the positions that better stimulate the vagina to achieve orgasm are illustrated. The factors that facilitate or interfere with achieving sexual pleasure are revealed. Vaginal exercises to improve muscular tone to help obtain orgasm are recommended. This book should be of interest to students of medicine, nursing, and social work, as well as to psychologists and physicians in general. It will also appeal to any individual who wants to establish a loving relationship based on solid interpersonal communication, as well as to couples, young and old.