University of South Florida Textbooks > Sport Marketing with Web Study Guide

Sport Marketing with Web Study Guide 4th edition

Publisher:Human Kinetics

Authors:Bernard Mullin, Stephen Hardy, William Sutton

Renting Options Buying Options

Sport Marketing with Web Study Guide Description

Sport Marketing, Fourth Edition With Web Study Guide, has been streamlined and updated to keep pace with the latest information and issues in the competitive world of sport marketing. This text maintains its position as the best-selling and original text in the field, continuing to direct students to a better understanding of the theoretical backbone that makes sport marketing such a unique and vibrant subject to study. Using the new full-color format and companion web study guide, students will stay engaged as they explore how fans, players, coaches, the media, and companies interact to drive the sport industry.

Heavily updated with more contributions from industry professionals and emphasis on social media platforms that have revolutionized the field in recent years, this edition contains practical material that prepares students for careers in sport marketing. It also includes these updates:

•A web study guide featuring exclusive video interviews with industry professionals and accompanying activities that tie core concepts and strategies from the book into applied situations

•Instructor ancillaries enhanced by gradable chapter quizzes that can be used with learning management systems

•An attractive and engaging full-color interior

•Chapter objectives, opening scenarios, engaging sidebars, and photos throughout the text that guide students in grasping important concepts

•Wrap-Up, Activities, and Your Marketing Plan sections at the end of each chapter that offer opportunities for self-assessment and review

The highly respected authors have long been recognized for their ability to define this exciting field, combining academic study and current research with industry experience for an unmatched learning experience for students preparing to enter the working world. The content in this fourth edition of Sport Marketing has been reorganized to make it easier to use in the classroom. Chapters 1 through 3 provide an overview of the field of sport marketing as an area of study and profession. Chapters 4 and 5 teach students how to research and study the behaviors of sport consumers, including an overview of marketing segmentation. Chapters 6 through 13 provide extensive information on the nuts and bolts of the field, including the five Ps of sport marketing and special sections on branding, sales and service, engagement and activation, community relations, and social media. The final chapters explore legal issues, integration, and the future of sport marketing.

Instructors may also take advantage of the student web study guide and complete package of ancillaries to enhance learning and presentation of core concepts. All materials, including the web study guide, instructor guide, test package, presentation package plus image bank, and LMS-compatible chapter quizzes, are available online.

The world of sport marketing continues to evolve. Sport Marketing, Fourth Edition With Web Study Guide, offers students a complete view of the expansive field of sport, providing an understanding of the foundations of sport marketing and how to enhance the sport experience.