Of Boys and Men

Publisher:Xlibris Corporation LLC

Author:Michael W. LaDue

Buying Options

Of Boys and Men Description

I grew up in the turbulent years of the 1960’s. My world was a little more turbulent than that of others around me. I present here 64 short stories, episodes from my life that detail those issues. Most of them come from my early days as a pre- teenager looking for answers and finding them amongst a wide variety of characters.
The folks in my neighborhood went out of their way to look after me. They were able to employ me and give me a wealth of guiding light for me to grow upon. My home life was an unusual mixture of good memories and bitter ones. My parents were at odds early on in my youth. They were unhappy with how things had turned out for them, leaving me the last of four siblings, to fend for myself. I had to accept change and embrace the opportunity it sent my way. I looked after myself with little supervision, even though I yearned for it.
In the writing of these stories, I have come to appreciate my past. From the mistakes of myself and of others, I harvested the things that are most important in the world, family, love, friendship and an open mind.
I am happy to have been able to bring all these “characters” to life once more. Some have parted this world, while others have matured into completely different adults from whom they were then. However, sadly they are all gone, even the little boy who was once myself is no longer here. I like a tomato worm have transformed into something new and better, in large part, thanks to this unique past.