University of South Florida Textbooks > Measurement for Evaluation in Kinesiology

Measurement for Evaluation in Kinesiology 9th edition

Publisher:Jones & Bartlett Learning

Authors:Ted A. Baumgartner, Matthew Mahar, Andrew S. Jackson, Ted Baumgartner, David Rowe, Matthew T. Mahar, David A. Rowe

Renting Options Buying Options

Measurement for Evaluation in Kinesiology Description

Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools. Heavily revised and reorganized, the ninth edition of Measurement for Evaluation in Kinesiology helps students master the essential concepts and principles of measurement and evaluation and equips them with the tools needed to become a successful evaluator within Physical Education and Exercise Science. Using a student-centered approach, it presents tests and methods for evaluating aerobic fitness, body composition, skill achievement, youth fitness, and much more. The Ninth Edition highlights the practical skills and materials that readers need and clearly outlines each chapters objectives. It goes on to discuss the latest public health initiatives, computer-based evaluations, and Healthy People 2020. Key Features: - Objectives at the opening of each chapter focus the students' attention on the key concepts that will be discussed - Important formulas are provided throughout the text and provide an easy reference for student use in the course and in their future careers - Tables and figures used throughout the text provide a visual representation on the concepts discussed in the chapter - Formative Evaluation of Objectives, found at the end of each chapter, help students determine in they have mastered the objectives set fourth at the beginning of the chapter - Additional Learn Activities provide students with added ways to gain more experience with the concepts presented within the chapter