University of South Florida Textbooks > The Handbook of Conflict Resolution

The Handbook of Conflict Resolution 3th edition

Publisher:Jossey-Bass

Authors:Peter T. Coleman, Morton Deutsch, Eric C. Marcus

Renting Options Buying Options

The Handbook of Conflict Resolution Description

Praise for The Handbook of Conflict Resolution

"This handbook is a classic. It helps connect the research ofacademia to the practical realities of peacemaking andpeacebuilding like no other. It is both comprehensive and deeplyinformed on topics vital to the field like power, gender,cooperation, emotion, and trust. It now sits prominently on mybookshelf."
—Leymah Gbowee, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate

"The Handbook of Conflict Resolution offers anastonishing array of insightful articles on theory and practice byleading scholars and practitioners. Students, professors, andprofessionals alike can learn a great deal from studying thisHandbook."
—William Ury, Director, Global Negotiation Project,Harvard University; coauthor, Getting to Yes and author,The Third Side

"Morton Deutsch, Peter Coleman, and Eric Marcus put together ahandbook that will be helpful to many. I hope the book will reachwell beyond North America to contribute to the growing worldwideinterest in the constructive resolution of conflict. This bookoffers instructive ways to make this commitment a reality."
—George J. Mitchell, Former majority leader of theUnited States Senate; former chairman of the Peace Negotiations inNorthern Ireland and the International Fact-Finding Committee onViolence in the Middle East; chairman of the board, Walt DisneyCompany; senior fellow at the School of International and PublicAffairs, Columbia University

"Let's be honest. This book is just too big to carry around inyour hand. But that's because it is loaded with the most criticalessays linking the theory and practice of conflict resolution.The Handbook of Conflict Resolution is heavy on content andshould be a well-referenced resource on the desk of everymediator—as it is on mine."
—Johnston Barkat, Assistant Secretary-General,Ombudsman and Mediation Services, United Nations