Stuffed Animal States

Publisher:Sasafras House

Author:Henry Scovel Stewart

Buying Options

Stuffed Animal States Description

The Stuffed Animal States depicts life in the island nation where all stuffed animals are born and raised before being sent away to be best friends to children throughout the world. A presidential election is about to occur, and The Stuffed Animal States and the rest of the world might be in for a drastic change. As readers help their own stuffed animals vote as citizens of The Stuffed Animal States, this book teaches children about principles of democracy, personal choice, healthy competition and cooperative conflict resolution.

Henry Scovel Stewart loves to write. His mother was an artist; his father was a composer; and he is devoted to finding beauty in the art and music of the written word. To date, he has written a children's book, a novel, several plays, and an anthology of poems. He brings much experience to the writing of The Stuffed Animal States, as he has been an attorney for thirty years, focusing particularly on representing children, once worked in The Executive Office Of The President Of The United States, and has run for office several times. He lives in upstate New York, dividing time between Rochester, Troy and Sodus Bay, where he is happiest while sailing, kayaking, writing and sharing life with his family and very special pets.