University of South Florida Textbooks > The Book of Macrobiotics

The Book of Macrobiotics

Publisher:Japan Publications

Authors:Michio Kushi, Alex Jack

Buying Options

The Book of Macrobiotics Description

A NEW AND COMPLETELY REVISED AND EXPANDED EDITION OF THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO MACROBIOTICS.

The Book of Macrobiotics is the passport to a new world of infinite understanding and adventure. It has been read, reread, studied, and treasured by hundreds of thousands of people seeking a clear, comprehensive approach to the problem of living in a world of endless change.

Now, after nearly a decade, The Book of Macrobiotics has been completely revised and expanded to reflect refinements in Michio Kushi's teachings, as well as many new developments in the spread of macrobiotics in modern society. During this time, the Standard Macrobiotic Dietary approach has been simplified and broadened. Macrobiotic approaches to cancer, heart disease, and other degenerative diseases have evolved and expanded, as have basic home cares, and way of life recommendations.

The revised edition of The Book of Macrobiotics also includes a new chapter on the Spiritual World, new material on Yin and Yang and the Five Transformations, Man/Woman Relations, and Humanity's Origin and Destiny, and an annotated East West Reading List for further reading and enjoyment. Many new illustrations have been furnished, and the Food Composition tables have been expanded to include nutritional information on dozens of foods such as tempeh, seitan, rice cakes, and amazake not previously available.