University of South Florida Textbooks > ABHB - Annual Bibliography of the History of the Printed Books and Libraries

ABHB - Annual Bibliography of the History of the Printed Books and Libraries 1th edition

Publisher:Springer Dordrecht

Author:International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions Staff

Buying Options Renting Options

ABHB - Annual Bibliography of the History of the Printed Books and Libraries Description

This twenty-first volume of ABHB (Annual bibliography of the history of the printed book and libraries) contains 4210 records, selected from some 2000 periodicals, the list of which follows this introduction. They have been compiled by the National Committees of the following countries: Arab countries Latin America Australia Luxembourg Austria The Netherlands Belgium Norway Bulgaria Poland Canada Portugal Denmark Rumania Finland South Africa France Spain German Federal Republic Sweden Great Britain USA Hungary USSR Ireland (Republic ot) Yugoslavia Italy Latin America and the Arab countries are being covered through the good offices of American and British colleagues. Benevolent readers are requested to signal the names of bibliographers and historians from countries not mentioned above, who would be willing of international bibliographic collaboration. to co-operate to this scheme The editQr will greatly appreciate any communication on this matter. Subject As has been said in the introduction to the previous volumes, this bibliography aims at recording all books and articles of scholarly value which relate to the history of the printed book, to the history of the arts, VIII INTRODUCTION crafts, techniques and equipment, and of the economic, social and cultural environment, involved in its production, distribution, conservation, and description. Of course, the ideal of a complete coverage is nearly impossible to attain. However, it is the policy of this publication to include missing items as much as possible in the forthcoming volumes. The same applies to countries newly added to the bibliography.