University of South Florida Textbooks > The Savvy Guide to Fantasy Sports

The Savvy Guide to Fantasy Sports

Publisher:Indy-Tech Publishing

Authors:Michael Harmon, Mike Harmon

Buying Options

The Savvy Guide to Fantasy Sports Description

You’ve signed up for a Fantasy Sports league. Now what do you do? Fantasy sports is an activity played by 15-20 million players annually so you are not alone! From football to game shows, there is a fantasy sports game for everyone. Whether you are a new player or an experienced one, your goal is the same – to enjoy the experience.

Fantasy sports leagues started before the Internet, played by the hard-core fans and done so primarily on paper. The Internet has allowed the growth and proliferation of fantasy sports to happen very quickly. Whether you want to play football, basketball, baseball, or soccer; want to race with the NASCAR® crowd or follow the drama of the Survivor TV show, there is a fantasy sports league for you!

The Savvy Guide to Fantasy Sports will help you understand the different types and styles of leagues regardless of the sport. From the simplest fantasy football league to the most complex baseball league, author and Yahoo!® Sports Columnist Mike Harmon will help you to understand the league styles and fully enjoy your experience.

Harmon also provides valuable insight into running your own fantasy league – with you as the Commissioner! He covers rules, styles and considerations, all intended to help you run a fun and enjoyable fantasy sports game.

Sports covered include football, baseball, soccer, hockey, baseketball, auto racing, cricket, TV shows and more.