University of South Florida Textbooks > Macrobiotics for Everyone, Second Edition

Macrobiotics for Everyone, Second Edition 2th edition

Publisher:Square One Publishers

Author:Roger Mason

Buying Options Renting Options

Macrobiotics for Everyone, Second Edition Description

In today's busy stress-filled world, maintaining a healthy, balanced diet can be a constant struggle. Making the right food choices is not always a priority. We may be considered an educated society, yet seem to be blind to the fact that our diets are typically unhealthy―low in whole grains, legumes, and fresh produce, and high in processed, fat-laden, sugary foods and beverages. In doing so, we are putting ourselves at risk for such serious health conditions as heart disease, arthritis, diabetes, and cancer. The truth is that practicing good dietary health is not as difficult or as time consuming as people might think.

In his new concise guide Macrobiotics for Everyone, best-selling author Roger Mason makes healthy eating fun, delicious, and, most important, easy. Expanding upon the Japanese macrobiotic tradition, this book offers a diet that is not only creative and less restrictive, but also very delicious and satisfying. Divided into two parts, the book begins by defining the macrobiotic philosophy and tracing the history of the macrobiotic movement. Part Two concentrates on simple yet practical ways for anyone to apply the macrobiotic diet into his or her life. Throughout the book, readers will find chapters on topics such as natural supplements, exercise, and the problem with fad diets. As an added bonus, a chapter on meditation for reducing stress is included.

A balanced diet and lifestyle can both prevent illness and serve as a powerful healer. With Macrobiotics for Everyone in hand, you will learn the simplest and most effective ways to achieve both balance and good health in your life.