Digital Media Ethics 2th edition

Publisher:Polity

Author:Charles Ess

Buying Options Renting Options

Digital Media Ethics Description

The original edition of this accessible and interdisciplinarytextbook was the first to consider the ethical issues of digitalmedia from a global perspective, introducing ethical theories frommultiple cultures.

This second edition has been thoroughly updated to cover currentresearch and scholarship, and recent developments and technologicalchanges. It also benefits from extensively updated case-studies andpedagogical material, including examples of “watershed”events such as privacy policy developments on Facebook and Google+in relation to ongoing changes in privacy law in the US, the EU,and Asia.

New for the second edition is a section on “citizenjournalism” and its implications for traditional journalisticethics. With a significantly updated section on the “ethicaltoolkit,” this book also introduces students to prevailingethical theories and illustrates how they are applied to centralissues such as privacy, copyright, pornography and violence, andthe ethics of cross-cultural communication online.

Digital Media Ethics is student- and classroom-friendly:each topic and theory is interwoven throughout the volume withdetailed sets of questions, additional resources, and suggestionsfor further research and writing. Together, these enable readers tofoster careful reflection upon, writing about, and discussion ofthese issues and their possible resolutions.