University of South Florida Textbooks > Structural Analysis of Historic Buildings

Structural Analysis of Historic Buildings 1th edition

Publisher:Wiley

Author:J. Stanley Rabun

Buying Options Renting Options

Structural Analysis of Historic Buildings Description

Structural Analysis of Historic Buildings offers the most'complete, detailed, and authentic data available on the materials,calculation methods, and design techniques used by architects andengineers of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Itprovides today's building professionals with information needed toanalyze, modify, and certify historic buildings for modern use.Among the many important features of this book not available in anyother single volume are:
* More than 350 line drawings and diagrams taken directly fromoriginal sources such as the Carnegie Steele Company's PocketCompanion (1893) and Frank Kidder's The Architect's and Builder'sPocketbook (1902)
* Hard-to-find data on period structural components, such ascast-iron columns and beams, wrought-iron columns and beams, andfireproof terra cotta floor arches
* Methods for determining what kind of loads structural componentswere originally designed to bear and methods to determine if theyare still capable of performing as intended
* Extensive coverage of historical foundation systems and empiricaldesign methods for load-bearing masonry buildings
For any building professional involved in the rapidly growing fieldof restoring, preserving, and adapting historic buildings,Structural Analysis of Historic Buildings is an invaluablestructural handbook.