University of South Florida Textbooks > Writing Assessment and Instruction for Students with Learning Disabilities

Writing Assessment and Instruction for Students with Learning Disabilities 2th edition

Publisher:Jossey-Bass

Authors:Noel Gregg, Nancy Mather, Barbara J. Wendling, Rhia Roberts

Renting Options Buying Options

Writing Assessment and Instruction for Students with Learning Disabilities Description

A hands-on guide for anyone who teaches writing to students with learning disabilities

This valuable resource helps teachers who want to sharpen their skills in analyzing and teaching writing to students with learning disabilities. The classroom-tested, research-proven strategies offered in this book work with all struggling students who have difficulties with writing-even those who have not been classified as learning disabled. The book offers a review of basic skills-spelling, punctuation, and capitalization-and includes instructional strategies to help children who struggle with these basics. The authors provide numerous approaches for enhancing student performance in written expression. They explore the most common reasons students are reluctant to write and offer helpful suggestions for motivating them.

Includes a much-needed guide for teaching and assessing writing skills with children with learning disabilities

• Contains strategies for working with all students that struggle with writing
  • Offers classroom-tested strategies, helpful information, 100+ writing samples with guidelines for analysis, and handy progress-monitoring charts
  • Includes ideas for motivating reluctant writers
  • Mather is an expert in the field of learning disabilities and is the best-selling author of Essentials of Woodcock-Johnson III Tests of Achievement Assessment