University of South Florida Textbooks > Hamlet (Signet Classic Shakespeare)

Hamlet (Signet Classic Shakespeare) 1th edition

Publisher:Signet

Authors:William Shakespeare, Sylvan Barnet

Buying Options Renting Options

Hamlet (Signet Classic Shakespeare) Description

As attested to by countless stage and screen productions Hamlet forever retains its fascination for audiences It s an absorbing intellectual drama of the contemplative prince who reluctantly ventures in pursuit of revenge Hamlet s musings on the nature and consequences of human activity have accorded him the reputation as literature s first modern man The Signet Classics edition of William Shakespeare s incomparable tragic play To be or not to be that is the question There is arguably no work of fiction quoted as often as William Shakespeare s Hamlet This haunting tragedy of a troubled Danish prince devoted to avenging his father s death has captivated audiences for centuries This revised Signet Classics edition includes unique features such as An overview of Shakespeare s life world and theater A special introduction to the play by the editor Sylvan Barnet Sources from which Shakespeare derived Hamlet Dramatic criticism from Samuel Taylor Coleridge A C Bradley Maynard Mack and others A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors directors and productions Text notes and commentaries printed in the clearest most readable text And more There is arguably no work of fiction quoted as often as William Shakespeare s Hamlet This haunting tragedy has touched audiences for centuries Now Bruce Coville makes this play the next of his dynamic adaptations of the Bard for the young Once again he expertly incorporates essential lines from the play into his own rich prose to tell the tale of the ill fated Prince of Denmark Acclaimed artist Leonid Gore adds intense dreamlike images in acrylic and pastel His depictions of Hamlet Ophelia and the rest of the kingdom are revelatory and unforgettable helping to make this masterful volume a treasure for Shakespeare enthusiasts old and new OedipusGothplex WTF IS POLONIUS DOING BEHIND THE CURTAIN From Twitterature The World s Greatest Books in Twenty Tweets or Less