University of South Florida Textbooks > Environmental Economics and Natural Resource Management

Environmental Economics and Natural Resource Management 4th edition

Publisher:Routledge

Authors:David A. Anderson, David A Anderson

Renting Options Buying Options

Environmental Economics and Natural Resource Management Description

The tools of environmental economics guide policymakers as they weigh development against nature, present against future, and certain benefits against uncertain consequences. From reluctant-but-necessary calculations of the value of life, to quandaries over profits at the environment’s expense, the policies and research findings explained in this textbook are relevant to decisions made daily by individuals, firms, and governments.

The fourth edition of Environmental Economics and Natural Resource Management pairs the user-friendly approaches of the previous editions with the latest developments in the field. A story-based narrative delivers clear, concise coverage of contemporary policy initiatives. To promote environmental and economic literacy, we have added even more visual aids, including color photographs and diagrams unmatched in other texts. Ancillaries include an Instructor’s Guide with answers to all of the practice problems and downloadable slides of figures and tables from the book.

The economy is a subset of the environment, from which resources are obtained, workers and consumers receive sustenance, and life begins. Energy prices and environmental calamities constrain economic growth and the quality of life. The same can be said about overly restrictive environmental policies. It is with an appreciation for the weighty influence of this discipline, and the importance of conveying it to students, that this textbook is crafted.