University of South Florida Textbooks > Community Oral Health Practice for the Dental Hygienist

Community Oral Health Practice for the Dental Hygienist 4th edition

Publisher:Saunders

Author:Christine French Beatty

Renting Options Buying Options

Community Oral Health Practice for the Dental Hygienist Description

Community Oral Health Practice for the Dental Hygienist, 4th Edition, helps you acquire the skills to improve the oral health of people throughout various communities and build a successful career in the public health sector. Now in full color, this edition contains key updates on Healthy People 2020, the Affordable Care Act, health literacy, access to care, and more. Test-taking strategies, cases, and application exercises, as well as practice quizzes online, provide a wealth of opportunities for classroom and board exam preparation.

• Comprehensive, cutting-edge content delivers everything you need to know to succeed in community dental hygiene practice.
  • Trusted editor Christine Beatty draws on decades of teaching, practicing, and writing on community oral health to make this complex content approachable for those new to public health.
  • Chapter on test-taking strategies helps you confidently prepare for the community oral health portion of the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE).
  • Expanded Community cases on the companion Evolve website test your ability to apply your knowledge to common scenarios you may encounter as a dental hygienist.
  • Up-to-date information on national initiatives such as Healthy People 2020 and the Surgeon General’s report details the goals and guidelines of various government programs.
  • Dental hygienist mini-profiles provide real-world perspectives to help you prepare for a career in public health.
  • Applying Your Knowledge sections suggest ways your can begin improving oral health in your community.
  • Guiding principles, learning objectives, vocabulary terms, and chapter summaries help you study more efficiently.
  • NEW! Content updates include Healthy People 2020 ,health literacy, teledentistry, the Affordable Care Act, oral health workforce models, access to care, interprofessional practice, and more. 
  • NEW! Full-color design highlights key concepts within each chapter. 
  • NEW! Art program delivers more photos to help drive home key concepts.