University of South Florida Textbooks > Countries and Concepts

Countries and Concepts 13th edition

ISBN:013396308X

Publisher:Pearson

Author:Michael G. Roskin

Renting Options Buying Options

Countries and Concepts Description

NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyPoliSciLab® does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyPoliSciLab search for 0134113934 / 9780134113937   Countries and Concepts: Politics, Geography, Culture plus MyPoliSciLab for Comparative Politics – Access Card Package, 13/e, which includes:

• 013396308X / 9780133963083 Countries and Concepts: Politics, Geography, Culture, 13/e
  • 0134064054 / 9780134064055 MyPoliSciLab for Comparative Politics Access Card

MyPoliSciLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor.

For courses in Introduction to Comparative Politics

A Critical View of International Political Systems

Countries and Concepts: Politics, Geography, Culture is a critical examination of comparative politics and political systems. The text rejects theories of smoothly functioning systems and embraces the mistakes that countries inevitably make, taking a skeptical approach to understanding international political systems. The Thirteenth Edition is an easy-to-read text that stresses fundamental vocabulary and connects the material to real world examples. Understanding politics as a series of ongoing quarrels for which no good solution has been found, the material views international political systems through a dubious lens. This undeniably real examination of our political world makes Countries and Concepts the most accurate examination of politics’ true nature.

Also available with MyPoliSciLab

MyPoliSciLab for Comparative Politics courses extends learning online, engaging students and improving results. Media resources with assignments bring concepts to life, and offer students opportunities to practice applying what they’ve learned. And the Writing Space helps educators develop and assess concept mastery and critical thinking through writing, quickly and easily. Please note: this version of MyPoliSciLab does not include an eText.

Countries and Concepts: Politics, Geography, Culture, Thirteenth Edition is also available via REVEL™, an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn.