University of South Florida Textbooks > Fluency With Information Technology

Fluency With Information Technology 6th edition

Publisher:Pearson

Author:Lawrence Snyder

Renting Options Buying Options

Fluency With Information Technology Description

Fluency with Information Technology: Skills, Concepts, and Capabilities is intended for use in the introduction to Computer Science course. It is also suitable for readers who wish to become fluent with information technology.

¿

Fluency with Information Technology equips readers who are already familiar with computers, the Internet, and the World Wide Web with a deeper understanding of the broad capabilities of technology. Through a project-oriented learning approach that uses examples and realistic problem-solving scenarios, Larry Snyder teaches readers to navigate information technology independently and become effective users of today’s resources, forming a foundation of skills they can adapt to their personal and career goals as future technologies emerge.

¿

Teaching and Learning Experience

This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students.

• Skills, Concepts, and Capabilities Promote Lifelong Learning: Three types of content prepare students to adapt to an ever-changing computing environment.
  • Topics are Explained in Contemporary Terms Consistent with Student Experience: The text has been rewritten to accommodate how students encounter computation, positioning the presentation squarely in the second decade of the 21st century.
  • Engaging Features Encourage Students to become Fluent with Information Technology: Interesting hints, tips, exercises, and backgrounds are located throughout the text.
  • Student and Instructor Resources Enhance Learning: Supplements are available to expand on the topics presented in the text.