University of South Florida Textbooks > Employee Training & Development

Employee Training & Development 7th edition

Publisher:McGraw-Hill Higher Education

Authors:Noe, Raymond Noe

Renting Options Buying Options

Employee Training & Development Description

Best selling title for this course.

Companies that use innovative training and development practices are likely to report better financial performance than their competitors that do not.  Training and development also help a company develop the human capital needed to meet competitive challenges. Many companies now recognize that learning through training, development, and knowledge management helps employees strengthen or increase their skills directly impacting their job performance, satisfaction, and career advancement. 

Training has moved from an emphasis of a onetime event to the creation of conditions for learning that can occur through collaboration, online learning, traditional classroom training, or a combination of these methods.

The 7th edition covers and addresses the changes in training and development from an employer and employee perspective - adding value to the employer and employee.

Based on the author’s extensive experience in teaching training and development courses to both graduate and undergraduate students, Employee Training and Development, Seventh Edition, retains the lively writing style, inspiring examples, and emphasis on new technology and strategic training from previous editions.

AUTHOR NOTE:  Ray Noe has taught for more than 25 years at Big Ten universities, including Michigan State University and University of Minnesota.  Professor Noe conducts research and teaches all levels of students - from undergraduates to executives - in human resource management, training and development, performance management, and talent management.  He has published articles and has served on the editorial boards of many top journals.  He has received numerous awards for his teaching and research excellence, and is also a fellow of the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology.