Women Across Cultures 3th edition

Publisher:McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages

Author:Shawn Meghan Burn

Renting Options Buying Options

Women Across Cultures Description

Women Across Cultures examines contemporary women's issues and empowerment from a global perspective. Gender inequality is examined as a historical, sociocultural phenomenon within the context of interlocking systems of inequality such as racism, colonialism, and economic injustice. A strong emphasis is given to the variety of approaches and actions women take to promote gender equality and to influence women's progress. The influence of intersectional and contextual factors on women's issues, activism, and movements are a key focus.

Instructors and students can now access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:

• SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
• Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
• Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
• The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.

Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html